Register to win. Winner will be selected by random drawing on Wednesday, January 30th. Winner will recieve 4 tickets to the show and dinner for four at a local fast food establishment. Winning tickets are for the Friday evening show.
Charleston Monster Jam® Tickets Now Available
$25 Tickets for Advance Auto Parts Monster Jam®
Charleston Civic Center
(Charleston, WV) – Feld Motor Sports℠announced today that tickets for Advance Auto Parts Monster Jam®, the world’s premier monster truck series, are now on sale.Monster Jam events are affordably priced for the whole family with seats starting at $25. Kid’s tickets (age 2-12) are just $5. All tickets are available at the Charleston Civic Center Box Office, Ticketmaster Outlets or by calling 1-800-745-3000.
Monster Jam will be performing at the Charleston Civic Center on:
Friday, February 1, 7:30 PM
Saturday, February 2, 2:00 PM & 7:30 PM
Sunday, February 3, 2:00 PM
The event will feature: Grave Digger, Superman, Higher Education, Samson, Crushstation, Bad News and Instigator. Featured trucks may change without notice.
Approximately 12 feet tall and about 12 feet wide, monster trucks are custom-designed machines that sit atop 66-inch-tall tires and weigh a minimum of 10,000 pounds. Built for short, high-powered bursts of speed, monster trucks generate 1,500 to 2,000 horsepower and are capable of speeds of up to 100 miles per hour. Monster trucks can fly up to125 to 130 feet (a distance greater than 14 cars side by side) and up to 35 feet in the air.
The Party in the Pits on Sunday, February 3 from 11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. gives fans the opportunity to get a view of the trucks up close and meet the drivers of the massive monster trucks. Patrons must arrive by 12:45 for admittance in to the Pit Party. Free pit passes are available at participating Advance Auto Parts locations and also can be purchased for $10/adults, $5/kids at the Charleston Civic Center box office or Ticketmaster. Fans must have a Sunday, February 3, event ticket and a pit pass to enter.
Monster Jam, sanctioned by the United States Hot Rod Association®, is the most popular monster truck tour, performing to over 4 million fans annually at the most prestigious arenas and stadiums throughout the world. Monster Jam® shows consist of three main fan-favorite elements – the pit party, racing and freestyle. The pit party gives all fans a chance to meet the stars of Monster Jam up-close while taking pictures and getting autographs.
About Feld Motor Sports, Inc.
Feld Motor Sports, Inc. is the world leader in specialized arena and stadium-based motor sports entertainment. Feld Motor Sports, Inc. productions include Monster Jam®, Monster Energy® Supercross, AMA Arenacross Series, Nuclear Cowboyz℠, and IHRA® Nitro Jam®. Feld Motor Sports, Inc. is a division of Feld Entertainment, the world’s largest producer of live family entertainment. For more information on Feld Entertainment, visit www.feldentertainment.com.
About the United States Hot Rod Association®
The United States Hot Rod Association® originated in 1978 as a sanctioning body for truck and tractor pulling events, later expanding to produce mud and sand drag racing. The USHRA® grew steadily and within its first decade emerged as the premier Monster Truck racing organization. Today the USHRA®, together with Feld Motor Sports, produces quality events and involves coordinating competition, defining regulations and technical requirements, setting safety standards and officiating at each event. Whether the USHRA® event entails Pro Race Trucks, QUAD WARS™, or Monster Trucks, you can be sure the event will be the highest quality show motor sports has to offer, creating unmatched excitement and spectacular memories.
WKWS Generic Contest Rules
(applicable to all contests)
A complete copy of these rules can be obtained at the offices of radio station WKWS, owned and operated by WV Radio Corporation, 1111 Virginia Street, East, Charleston, WV, 25301, during normal business hours Monday through Friday or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the above address.
WKWS will conduct various contests described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
1. No purchase is necessary. Void where prohibited. All federal, state, and local regulations apply.
2. Contests are open to persons 18 years of age and older. Qualifiers & winners must have a legal picture id and a social security number. The eligible age can be altered based on the prize. Example: Any prize or contest that involves alcohol will be restricted to persons 21 and over. Any prize that involves the awarding of a vehicle, boat or similar items will be restricted to contestants licensed to operate the prize and of legal age to hold title. Employees and immediate family members of the West Virginia Radio Corporation, the contest sponsor(s), and employees of other radio stations located in the Charleston-Huntington DMA are not eligible to play and win.
3. There are no time/date restrictions on winning daily on-going contests unless otherwise specifically stated. An individual may win or qualify for a grand prize during other seasonal or one-time contests only once for during duration of the contest. Only one winner per household may qualify to win in any contest that chooses qualifiers to win a grand prize. Household is defined by its legal address. Attempts to use false addresses in order to play will result in disqualification.
4. The contests will begin at various times during the calendar year.
5. Contesting may be executed on-air, online, via mobile phone, or on-site, depending upon contest. All entries must be received by a specific time and date dictated by WKWS. Late, incomplete or illegible entries will be disregarded.
Time Delay Between the Over-the-Air Signal and Internet Broadcast: Due to the time delay that exists between WKWS’s over-the-air signal and its online streaming programming, listeners may hear the cue to call later than listeners listening to the WKWS’s over-the-air signal. As a result, the odds of an online listener winning the contest may be diminished.
6. If the contest has a potential grand prize, one entrant will be selected. This method will be determined by WKWS. If it is determined that the candidate is not eligible to receive the grand prize, the station’s sole judgment and discretion, another candidate will be selected for eligibility consultation and this process will continue on until such time as an eligible candidate is found. In the unlikely event that no candidates are found to meet the specifications, then the prize will go un-awarded. In the event of a tie, the winner will be determined by and at the station’s sole discretion.
7. If the said contest has a grand prize, one (1) grand prize will be awarded. The grand prize will be specifically outlined in additional rules varying from contest to contest. If applicable, each grand prize package will have a different value.
8. All state, local, federal and or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. We are required by federal law to issue all listeners who win a prize or prizes valued at $600 or more for the current calendar year an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings. It is the responsibility of the winner to report the winnings to the IRS.
9. Odds of winning depend on a number of factors including the number of eligible entries received and listeners participating at any given time.
10. All prizes are awarded “as is.” Prizes are non-transferable and can’t be exchanged or sold. No substitute prize will be awarded to a winner who declines to accept a prize.
11. WKWS shall not be responsible for the failure of participating sponsors to deliver the prizes or any part thereof as described herein.
12. All entrants and winners agree that WKWS and WV Radio Corporation and its directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives shall have no liability for any injury, misfortune, or damage to either persons or property incurred by entering, participating in, winning, or losing any contest and/or by the use or non-use of any prize received in connection with this contest.
13. All prizes must be claimed in person at the station at the address identified above during regular business hours and within thirty (30) business days of winning, excluding holidays. After such time, ownership of said prize reverts back to WV Radio Corporation to be disposed of at its discretion. The winner then loses all claims and rights to said prize.
14. Proper identification must be presented by winner to claim prize. As a condition to receiving the prize, any potential winner must complete and sign a winner’s prize slip, releasing the WKWS and WV Radio Corporation, its affiliates, members, directors, officers, and employees from all liability in connection with winner’s participation in the contest and acceptance, use, or non-use of the prize.
15. All entry blanks, forms, devices, and materials gathered during the course of entry, as well as all information contained on or within, shall become the sole property of WKWS to be used, disposed of, or destroyed in their sole discretion. The station is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information entered by website users, and assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the station’s website. Station is also not responsible for any disruption of cell or land line telephone calls or text messages.
16. All entrants and winners agree to give the WKWS, its licensees, affiliates, successors, and assigns the irrevocable and unrestricted right to use, re-use, broadcast, or publish their name, city of residence, photo, video tape, film or any other likeness, including portraits and pictures, in whole or in part, as part of a composite, retouched or distorted in character or form, and winner’s voice, recorded or live, for any reason the WKWS feels is necessary without compensation, unless forbidden by law. All winners release, discharge, and agree to save harmless WKWS, its parent and affiliates, members, directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives from any and all claims they may have against the station in connection with the taking, production, or the use of winners’ name, city of residence, any photo, video tape, film or any other likeness, including portraits and pictures, in whole or in part, as part of a composite, retouched, or distorted in character or form and without restrictions as to any changes, transformations or alterations, and including winners’ voices, recorded or live. All winners further acknowledge that the WKWS owns or will own exclusively any photographs of such winners used for such purposes, including the copyrights in them, regardless of the form in which they have been or may be produced and used, and all winners assign all such ownership rights to the station.
17. By participating in the contest, each participant agrees to receive email communications from WKWS regarding station events and contests. Any participants who cancel these mailings will also remove themselves from the contest.
18. By participating in the contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of station personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. WKWS will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the contest and the station’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the WKWS, the station reserves the right to terminate this contest, or make such other decisions regarding the administration or outcome as the station deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by WKWS are final. The station may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion. Any attempt by a contestant or any other individual to deliberately circumvent, disrupt or damage ordinary and normal operation of this contest, telephone systems or websites, or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, WKWS reserves the right to seek damages from any such participant to the fullest extent permitted by law.
19. By participating in this contest, each participant agrees to waive any and all claims for damages for death, personal injury, loss of property or property damage that he or she may sustain as a result of his or her participation in the contest and/or the use of any prize, and any damages or losses arising from the implementation or carrying out of the contest or any participant’s failure to win the contest or receive the prize, and to release WKWS and WV Radio Corporation, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all liability arising out of or connected in any way with his or her participation in the contest, even though that liability may arise out of an intentional act, omission, negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons or entities mentioned above.
20. WKWS reserves the right to limit the number of times an individual may enter a contest or drawing.
21. WKWS reserves the right to require contestants to be present at drawings in order to win their prize.
22. Participating sponsors may vary from contest to contest
24. These are generic contest rules for WKWS. Depending on extent of a contest, new rules will be posted with more specific information on said station’s website and at the front desk of the radio station. These rules are subject to change without notice.